29 September 2011

Indian Summer

Is it our usual Indian Summer coming a month early, or are we just having an exceptionally glorious September with temperatures here in Gascony still rising towards the late thirties C max?  Only the cool, crisp mornings with the hedgerows glistening with diamanté dew remind us that it is officially Autumn.  Having finished my painting commissions for birthdays and weddings my French neighbour has floored me by suggesting that I do two portraits of her so she can give one each to her grown-up children!  Fortunately, I'm not so good at human portraits [animals being my speciality] so her poor suspecting offspring may yet be spared.

What am I doing now?  Well, I'm giving thought to organising my art group's Christmas party and the painting programme for 2012, which will be much more challenging and comprehensive.  And today I've printed out the first three and a half chapters of my new novel for editing.  This will get it flowing again after a short break from writing and, hopefully, I will get it finished by Christmas - well, that's my aim, anyway.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would be delighted to hear from my readers and anyone interested in my artwork.