30 May 2010

Followers

I'm very flattered at finding that I have a follower! Even more so because Kirpal is a fellow-artist living not so far away from me. I'm looking forward to meeting her. The second follower is me - I'm pretty new to this blog business and don't know what I'm doing half the time, which is why I seem to be following myself!

I spent most of yesterday putting my office in order. It's nearly there - just a few tweaks here and there and I'll feel more like working in it. Some people can work in any old muddle (like my husband), but I prefer things to be orderly. Things get out of order very quickly when I'm writing, especially if there's a lot of research involved. I reach a certain level, then I have to give in the urge to tidy the place up or I find the chaos shuts down the creative side of my brain and causes stress.

There is an advantage to clearing a space on the desk - I invariably find little treasures or long-lost important documents. My new puppy likes to think of himself as my little helper in that department - if he gets high enough he will take, run off with and chew anything he can get in his mouth, and for a wee Yorkshire Terrier he has a mighty big mouth!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would be delighted to hear from my readers and anyone interested in my artwork.