08 July 2010

Birth of an art studio

I've dreamed of it, wished for it during more years than I care to remember. A proper studio of my own. Well, as I write this, the dream is fast becoming reality as I'm sitting here listening to the enthusiastic work going on in our big shell of a barn. In another few days I should be able to work in the new studio - painting and writing and, hopefully, receiving visitors to my permanent exhibition of paintings. Don't you just love it when dreams come true? I am so lucky and can hardly wait to get started on a marathon of painting so I will have something to show at the official opening in September.
Meanwhile, I'm hard at work editing my latest novel, but finding it hard to concentrate because of the builders and their noise, not to mention the great heat we are experiencing at the moment with afternoon temperatures running up to around 90°F. Summer has been long in coming but my goodness now that it's here it's hitting us hard.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would be delighted to hear from my readers and anyone interested in my artwork.