13 April 2010

Awaken your talents!

Well, this last weekend the talents of the villages in our immediate area and, in particular, my own art group, were truly awakened and on show during a two-day exhibition.

My pupils made me so proud I was jumping for joy. The work on show was produced only since January when I decided to challenge them with the theme of Wildlife, my own specialty. They all looked shocked at the time and claimed that they couldn't possibly draw or paint animals. However, with a little help from "teacher" they ended up by producing some pretty good work and really enjoyed it. You'll see my work in the centre, surrounded by that of my pupils.

I'm planning something entirely different for the new term that starts on the 22nd April, and then, after a break in July and August, I'll be thinking of what I can do to accompany the local children's Christmas fĂȘte - all proceeds going toward supporting the school in our village. Last year I managed to raise 170 euros with a mini-boot-sale and the school spent it on an outing and art materials.

What am I planning for the 24th April - I'm turning my house into a small retaurant and catering for a sit-down dinner for my pupils and their partners - 24 places! It will be interesting to see if I can fit them all in our large dining room, but there is also a large hall to overflow into. And please don't let me burn anything!





No comments:

Post a Comment

I would be delighted to hear from my readers and anyone interested in my artwork.