04 April 2010

Writer's Nightmare

Yes, it happens to all of us writers...and artists. The kind of thing we all dread. Injury. Last year I injured the middle finger of my right hand while doing "keep-fit"! I'm right-handed, so it not only affected my work, it stopped it for weeks. The finger is still giving me bother, but I try to ignore in in the hope that it will go away. Yesterday, I attempted to clean up the patio because I'm expecting to host a group of charity cyclists coming to see my art workshop and gallery. We'd had a lot of rain recently and one of the bigger pots was overflowing with water. I decided to tip it up to emty out the surplus, but it was too heavy and went too far and - aie! You guessed it. One very pulled and painful muscle in my right arm and I'm already struggling to meet both writing and painting deadlines.

Today the weather is mixed, wind, rain, sun, cloud, some thunder. Hopefully it will be warm and sunny tomorrow for the cyclists who are expected to come chez moi. Speaking of which - chez moi that is - I suppose I should put up a photo or two so you can picture the place as I speak about it. Don't expect miracles. Technology and I aren't on good speaking terms. Anyway, I'll have a go and see what happens.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would be delighted to hear from my readers and anyone interested in my artwork.