14 April 2011

Flower portraits

I've been doing a lot of painting recently, spurred on by being asked to show a "presence" at our annual village "Reveiller vos Talents" expo. For me, painting, like writing, is a labour of love. I started out doing landscapes, then moved to birds, then mammals and now I'm into flowers - though I'd paint any subject at the drop of a hat. Flowers are difficult to do, but I think I'm finally getting the hang of it and am more than a little pleased with my latest efforts.

I have also, quite recently, taken up doing animal portraits for people who love and want to preserve their household pets. It's such a rewarding thing to do, especially when you get it right! Portraits aren't the easiest things to paint. Now, I use Chromacolour for most things - used as watercolour or acryllic. It's a medium that gives me the most satisfaction and simply glows with life.

On the writing side, "The Last Monsoon" is coming along nicely. I've received my author's copy of "The Red Earth" and am impatiently waiting for the Hale hardback of "The Raging Spirit", due out at the end of April 2011. No matter how many books I write, I still have that very special tweak of excitement when one is published.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would be delighted to hear from my readers and anyone interested in my artwork.