29 April 2011

Wills and Kate

How could I possibly not blog on this beautiful, historic day - the marriage of Prince William and Catherine Middleton? Okay, you've guessed. I'm an avid loyalist. I've had the pleasure to meet and speak to the father of the groom, Prince Charles, on two occasions. Sadly, I never got to meet Diana. However, I feel it in my bones that this will definitely be a fairytale romance, wedding, marriage, relationship. Everybody loves William and I'm sure that Catherine is perfect as his princess and, when the occasion comes, Queen.

The question on everybody's lips is surely going to be: "Where were you on the day of the wedding?" Well, at two minutes to 12 (French time) and two minutes to eleven British time, I was at the doctors having an injection in my arthritic knee. The puncture made, a large dressing put on (no idea why he did it so big) my doctor slapped me on the leg and told me to get back to the royal wedding! I think I may have broken a speed limit or two, but I arrived home just in time to take in the whole marriage service and stayed put until the balcony scene, the "Oh, wow!" exclamation from Kate as she saw the crowds and, of course, the two lovely kisses, with Prince Harry joking with Kate's sister and his grandfather, and Prince Charles with a tiny little girl in his arms so she could see the thousands of people gathered and cheering in front of the Palace. Wasn't the dress and veil a dream and just right for the slim and elegant Kate? The designers (McQueen, I think) got it exactly right.

I drank to the newlyweds' future happiness with a Whisky Mac and a couple of sticky meringues - don't think any writing or painting will be done today.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would be delighted to hear from my readers and anyone interested in my artwork.