27 July 2011

My paintings in Chromacolour

I've been using Chromacolour now for quite a number of years.  It's magic.  I never did get away with ordinary watercolours, was very happy with gouache - until I discovered, quite by chance, Chromacolour.  It virtually changed my painting life and I am now venturing into new, exciting styles, enjoying the freedom this medium offers.  Chromacolour can be used as traditional watercolours, pen and ink, acryllics and even give the same result as oils used with brush or palette knife.  The paint comes in bottles of liquid and tubes of paste, is water soluble, waterproof and doesn't fade.  It's quick-drying, so perfect for the outdoors artist.  And, unlike most other paint mediums there's no foul odour.  

For the past three years I have been teaching art in our village here in Gascony and most of my pupils are now using Chromacolour with growing success.  Each time I try something new with the medium I get the same excited feeling as if discovering it for the first time.  I can't recommend it too highly - and it's really economic if used with a Waterson's Sta-wet Palette.  Here is a selection of some of my paintings.  Look and, hopefully, enjoy!






















No comments:

Post a Comment

I would be delighted to hear from my readers and anyone interested in my artwork.