05 July 2011

Short story

I've never really been a short story writer - had one or two on radio in the dim and distant past, but find writing "short" is not my thing.  I admore those writers who can turn out a good story in 750 words.  That's like a long paragraph to someone like me.  However, with the economic climate being how it is in the publishing world (my novel fees have been halved this year) I thought I'd have a go - urged on by the dh (dear husband or darned husband, depending on the domestic climate) who made sounds like an old fashioned cash register when he saw how much could be earned for so few words. Hmm.  Well, I thought I'd give it a go and, as usually happens with me, inspiration just dropped into my head and is now unrolling itself like a red carpet towards a possible 2,000 word story.  No guarantee, of couse, that it will be accepted, but working a few days on the thing rather than a year on a novel will not bring forth a devastating rejection.  Mind you, being published does make rejection even harder to take.  Well, we shall see.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would be delighted to hear from my readers and anyone interested in my artwork.