11 February 2012

E-book news

The good news is that my first e-book is coming out in May 2012, thanks to my publishers Robert Hale, who did all the hard work. The Glory Girls was written to commemorate the centenary of the FANYS, who played a large part in the Second World War and are still ongoing. My agent at the time asked me for a saga, then told me that I had actually produced a wartime thriller, which pleased both of us. In fact, I was ecstatic because I have always wanted to be a thriller writer and from my first reluctant 'love story' I have been gradually working towards this dream - and succeeding. My three 'glory girls' in the book were inspired by real characters in my life - three cousins twice removed and a great friend - all now sadly dead. The story embraces the war in France. There's danger, there's violence and, of course, a goodly dash of humour and romance. These are elements that I could not be without in my writing. Like my home-made recipes in the kitchen, my stories contain a bit of everything and I hope my passion as a writer shines through.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would be delighted to hear from my readers and anyone interested in my artwork.